Tervetuloa! Tämä keskustelupalsta on avoin kaikille ufoaiheesta kiinnostuneille.
Foorumin keskustelut eivät edusta Suomen Ufotutkijat ry:n virallista näkemystä.

Tänään on 22 Marras 2017, 07:19

Kaikki ajat ovat UTC + 2 tuntia

Aloita uusi ketju Vastaa viestiin  [ 6 viestiä ] 
Kirjoittaja Viesti
 Viestin otsikko: Tupurin UFO
ViestiLähetetty: 19 Loka 2010, 20:51 
Poissa

I am new to this forum and registered simply because I made an observation I would like to share with other "sky watchers".

As an amateur astronomer, I am used to watch the sky for constellations, nebulas, star clusters, planets and so on. On 2 October 2010 I was out watching the eastern sky. I had my camera with me and took several pictures of the sky, when I suddenly saw a large, dark shadow moving from the east, almost straight above me towards the west. It was at about 50 meters high and did not make any noise. I could distinguish a light at the rear end and on the side that was visible to me.

It was most probably triangle shaped. Afterwards I became somewhat uncertain about this and it could have been square shaped, with its diagonal in flight direction.
Unfortunately I had only one camera mounted on a tripod and set to a long time exposure of 15 seconds. To avoid camera shaking I use a 2 seconds time-delay starting from the moment the camera's release button is pressed. Taking a picture of this 'thing' was simply not possible. There was simply no time to readjust the camera and secondly it was too dark to capture it with short exposure times. Also I was too astonished. Afterwards, this feeling turned into a feeling of being scared... like somebody was watching me.

To make things a bit clearer, I added today information to the picture I took just before 'it' appeared.
The picture shows the constellations of the easter sky, two clusters and the Andromeda galaxy (green arrows) and the UFO's flight path. The triangle shaped shadow is of course drawn by me and shows the lights (yellow spots) which I could see very clear.

Beside a pocket camera SX210IS, I use normal binoculars, night-view binoculars and sometimes a small telescope to watch the sky.

The picture can be seen at address http://homepage.mac.com/esmit/IMG_2623_ ... t_path.jpg
(Give me some time to upload it)
I leave all EXIF data untouched.

Profiili  

Viestin otsikko: Re: Tupurin UFO
ViestiLähetetty: 20 Loka 2010, 09:07 
Poissa
Erityisen ansioitunut vakiokeskustelija

Erik:
Please contact me by e- mail:
b.borg(at) kolumbus.fi

Best
B.Borg
Chief of Investigations

APRO,NICAP,EuroUfoNet,FOTOCAT,MUFON,MUFON Europe,Academie Ufologie, SUT ry:pj ja/tai vara-pj,tutkimuspäällikkö,tiedotuspäällikkö, toimittaja(UR) 2009-2014. 14 ufokirjaa, 372 kirjaesittelyä.Ufotutk.käsikirja.

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: 20 Loka 2010, 23:29 
Poissa
Vakiokeskustelija

Erik kirjoitti:
Beside a pocket camera SX210IS, I use normal binoculars, night-view binoculars and sometimes a small telescope to watch the sky.

Just curious, did you use your night-view binoculars to watch the object?

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: 21 Loka 2010, 14:58 
Poissa

Lainaa:
Just curious, did you use your night-view binoculars to watch the object?

Hi Jussi!
No, I did not. I saw it with the na k ed eye.
I was already outdoors in the dark for over half an hour. My eyes were therefore used to the darkness.
I could distinguish the 'shadow' very clear and sharp. Not fuzzy at all.
It is the shape what made me afterwards unsure.

Erik

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: 25 Loka 2010, 11:23 
Poissa
Vakiokeskustelija

Erik, you sure had an interesting experience. What do you self think it was? Could it have been a group of birds or bats that made an illusion of an object flying over? Or some kind of cloud? Probably not because you wrote you could see it clear and sharp.

I also do some photographing and know the feeling when your camera is "in action" on a tripod and there is something interesting going on the other side of sky. The reaction: ~x( ... :wink:

Profiili  

ViestiLähetetty: 02 Marras 2010, 22:54 
Poissa

Hi Jussi,
Sorry, I haven't been reading in the forum lately.

Afterwards I had a lot of thoughts what I should have done:
- Trying to take a picture even though it was set on 15 secs exposure time.
- I should have used night view binoculars (I have a professional one from ITT: "night enforcer"). They were in my work room :(
- What if I should have waved with my arms?
- I should have run behind the house to see if it was still there.

Well, I didn't.
I sincerely hope that I react better a next time 8)

Profiili  

Näytä viestit ajalta:  Järjestä  
Aloita uusi ketju Vastaa viestiin  [ 6 viestiä ] 

Kaikki ajat ovat UTC + 2 tuntia